At FlyingFish our overriding aim is to build our clients capacity to enable change and personal growth. This is achieved by the process of:
- Awareness: self, others and environment
- Competence: skills, knowledge, attitude and behaviours
- Perseverance: planning, action, reflection, correction
- New capacity: self generation and confidence
Our style of coaching combines front line experience in leadership, specialist knowledge in learning and development and is underpinned with rigorous academic study and training. We work in partnership to support your personal and professional development.
Our approach is underpinned by the latest research into positive psychology, appreciative inquiry and gestalt methodology. If relevant, we will use a range of psychometric tools to help you gain a deeper understanding of yourself.
Tools may include:
- Facet5 – Big five personality factors “how you are hard wired”
- MBTI – how you prefer to interact, think, decide and organise yourself
- Strengthscope – pin pointing your natural strengths that energise you and lead to higher levels of performance
- RQi – Resilience Quotient Inventory is a unique questionnaire and profiling tool that provides people with personalised feedback of their ability to cope with high pressure, change and adversity. The tool is evidence based and was created by Dr Matthew Critchlow.
We believe the relationship between the coach and client determines the success. We work hard to create an environment of trust, challenge and commitment.
A typical coaching assignment is between 8-10 sessions over 9-12 months. This may involve a combination of face to face and phone contact, diagnostic tools, and experiential sessions with experts in the areas of voice coaching, well-being, HR and leadership.
“If you don’t know where you are going any road will take you there”